Saturday, August 22, 2015

Sermon Except for August 23rd

Excerpts from   Is It My Turn Yet?
Acts 17:10-11
In my life as a Christian, I have encountered many born again, spirit filled believers who often misquote or misapply scriptures without consideration for the context of the scripture. We easily run with every hint of revelation and don not make time to verify what we hear or read. 
One of the most misquoted or misapplied scripture in my opinion is 1 Corinthians 2:9.
        But it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
Like everyone else or should I say, other seekers, I read everything I could get my hands on to try to understand how I might be able to apply that to my own life and see what it was that God had for me,…
All the books I was reading  weren’t helping because they kept telling me to look within and to chose the one thing that I do best..  That was depressing.  Because when I looked deep within, as per instruction, I couldn’t see anything.
I kept going about my life as always, but I made a decision to ignore my negative feelings..  Fortunately during that time I was around a lot of Christians who were on similar journeys  and I was able to share mine with them.
I hadn’t become all that God had planted in my heart but at least there was a vision that kept me going…
Dreams or visions can take the form of a strong desire to to achieve something.  Desire doesn’t come in a vacuum.  It’s planted in your heart by God. 
2nd Corinthians 3:18 teaches us, “But we all, with open face beholding us as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed, into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. 
But thank God There is greatness in us!  Our body is the dwelling place of God.  And we need to desire all that he has created for us.
When Moses sent twelve spies to spy on the land of Canaan, they came back and ten of the spies were devastated and told the Camp of the Israelites that there was no way they could go up against the Canaanites. 
You can pursue God’s dreams for your lives .  You were born for more than just mediocre stuff.  You are called to go after larger dreams for God.  And He will go with you.  And, there will be another big dream waiting there for you. 
In 1st Chronicles There was a man named Jabez who was more honorable than any of his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez because his birth had been so painfulJabez  called on God saying “Oh that thou would bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine right hand might be with me, and thou wouldst keep me from evil, that thou wouldst not grieve me!  And God granted him what he requested .
Do you really need any more reason to pursue God’s dreams for you than his promise to you?  Or, Are you waiting for the right time to live the dreams that he has placed in you. 
If we’ll all be honest with ourselves, there is a part of us that wants more.  You sense it.  You feel it.  That’s God showing you what he has for you.  Don’t shut him out.  Don’t close up.  Go after your dream. 
You Have to be  Honest About Your Relationship with God. Here you’ll find some “ifs.” The key is in the “remain.” It speaks of relationship with God. A connection with Him if you please. What should remain in us? His Word! If I ignore His Word why should He pay any attention to my prayers? The key is to fill our minds with the Word and then we will be in Christ and He in us. What are you saying, “If I don’t read and study the Bible I will not get my prayers answered? No, what I’m saying is our prayers will not be effective as much as how much we know the Word
There is another requirement to answered prayer. You Must Have A Forgiving Attitude Toward People. (Mark 11:24-25.)
Watch out that no bitterness take root among you for as it springs among you it causes deep trouble, hurting many in their spiritual life.”
You Must Believe That God Can Answer and will answer…
You cannot doubt. You cannot fear. You must not fear. Fear cancels faith and without faith it is impossible to please God, Hebrews 11:6.
“According to your faith so be it unto you.” Often we expect so little and we get little.
We Must Pray In Jesus’ Name.
It is not a mystical password either - nor the secret word. Do we not end most of our prayers by saying, “In Jesus name?” Why do we do that? What does it mean?
said, “I am the way, no man comes to the Father except through me.”
Remember, “faith and patience inherits the promises”(Hebrews 6:12).
If you are believing for something big, be prepared to stand long…..
Hear this message in it’s entirety on Sunday August 23, 2015 at Springhead United Methodist Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment